Over the last few weeks, the popularity of video calling apps has erupted. During the lockdown, we look for ways you can be in touch with family, friends and colleagues. What software is available for Lockdown Video Apps?
Since the spread of the COVID-19 coronavirus, video conference has become the default method of communication.
For business meetings, and chatting with your friends and family, millions of people around the nation are using video calling apps to connect with many.
Video Apps for ways of communicating be that work, social or entertainment?
After a recent upgrade, Facebook Messenger, the app is used by many individuals and businesses for communication. Maybe you didn’t know but you can even use it without a Facebook account.
The app allows you to do a video chat with just one person, or with a group of people.
- To video chat with one person, you need to open a conversation with the person you want to video chat with and tap Video Camera
- To video chat with a group, you need to open a group conversation with the people you want to video chat with and tap Video Camera.
If you are using a desktop app then open the conversation with the person or group you want to video chat with and tap Video Camera.
WhatsApp is owned by Facebook. Data suggests that in the early part of 2020, WhatsApp has over two billion users worldwide.
All WhatsApp messages and call data are protected with end-to-end encryption which basically means that the data can only be read or accessed by the users in the conversation.
- To place a video call you need to open the chat with the contact you want to video call and tap Video Call.
- To make a group video call from a group, you need to go to the group you want to video call. Tap New Call and select the contacts you want to add to the call and tap Video Call.
Also, there is a useful option to keep an eye on your conversations, via WhatsApp Desktop – We find this really useful, as you can switch tabs on your machines, instead of constantly having to pick up the phone/tablet – practical to type via your QWERTY keyboard that saves a lot of time and effort on a smaller device.
Make a call via Skype:
- To make a call you first need to find the person you want to call from your Contacts list. Next, you need to select that contact and tap the Video call icon.
To make a group call, from your call list you need to select the new call option and then select all the participants you want to call and at last tap the video call icon.
All your calls in Google Duo are encrypted, which means that they’re private to you and the person you’re calling.
Here are the steps you can follow to make a video call via Google Duo.
- Select the person you’d like to call from your contacts or type in the number you’d like to reach. Next tap Video call.
Zoom is a video conferencing app for virtual meetings and hangouts. It was previously limited to businesses but the lockdown has seen the software being used via domestic usage.
It has been a revelation and almost everyone you talk to has now heard of Zoom – users have adapted the software for learning, singing and parties – it’s our favourite!
You will need to download the Zoom application on your desktop or smartphone. Once downloaded, simply launch the app and choose between the Join a Meeting option or Sign In.
One item to bring to your attention is that the free use of Zoom will only allow you to use the software for 40 minutes ONLY.
In these times, humans need communication with each other. With Lockdown Video Apps, be sensible, check the conditions of each App and be mindful of your methods of communication.
_designandinternet has no responsibility for 3rd party providers and advertisers connected with these Platforms and Apps.