Narcose – A short film directed by Julie Gautier with Guillaume Néry
Deepwater freediving exposes its practitioners to a form of narcosis, which induces several symptoms, among which a feeling of euphoria and levity that earned this phenomenon its nickname of “raptures of the deep”.
The short film relates the interior journey of Guillaume Néry, the apnea world champion, during one of his deep water dives. It draws its inspiration from his physical experience and the narrative of his hallucinations.
The dedicated ‘Narcose’ website: WWW.LESFILMSENGLOUTIS.COM
- D.O.P : Jacques Ballard (jacquesballard.com)
- Editor : Jérôme Lozano (jeromelozano.com)
- Music : Laurent Parisi (laurentparisi.fr)
- Sound design : Frederick Devanlay (big-wheels.fr)
- Mix : Vincent Arnardi (imdb.com)
- Animation : Fursy Teyssier (lesdiscrets.com)
- Special effects: Forêt Bleue (foret-bleue.com)
- Executive producer : Forêt bleue, St Thomas, Gilles Lemaire.
Filmed with: Red Epic, Phantom HD, D4, 5D. A Buenery production.
We really enjoy stories about interesting people and their above and beyond pursuits into the unknown. ‘Narcose‘ certainly captivates the extraordinary and the impossible.
Look to share this post, it’s visually spellbinding.
*Warning: Content is of a Mature Certificate.
More stories: here